Friday, January 24, 2014

4 Months

Brooklyn had her 4th months shots and she did great of course. It is so sad though to watch. Her lower lip puckers out, and she cries and you can see her tongue quivering. It is so sad but also adorable. She is tough though and gets over it pretty quickly.
She is still in about the 80th percentile for height and weight.
Weight: 15.15 lbs (82 percentile)
Height: 25.25'' (83 percentile)
Head Circumference: 16.73'' (92 percentile)

It has been another great month around here! First off was our Thanksgiving trip. We left the weekend before and drove to Utah. But on the way we stopped and stayed the night in Green River, Wy. Brooklyn loved her morning nap on the big King bed!
The next few days we spent in Utah, which was fun as always. Daddy told us lots of stories of him and his cousin Jeff which I recorded to make into a book for his kids. We also went and saw Hunger Games. As fun as that was I couldn't wait to get back home to see Brooklyn! Even a couple hours without her is painful, I just miss her so much!
On Wednesday we picked up Kristin and her boyfriend Ried from the airport and drove up to Idaho. We spend the next few days hanging out and of course eating lots! Thanksgiving we were at Eric's place. I was afraid Brooklyn was going to freak out with all of the people there but nope, so was amazing!
Saturday we went back to Utah so we could see Sunni before she few back to D.C. Then Monday we drove back to Denver. It was a great trip! 
Here are some random pictures of Brooklyn this month. 

I couldn't help taking cheesy christmas pictures of her. She is just too cute!

Other things this month:

-Brooklyn loves to talk! it is so much fun having conversations with her or just listening to her talk to us.

-Every time I am nursing her she rubs her hand back and forth through her hair. It must be soothing to her.

-She laughs a lot and we love it! She loves peek-a-boo, getting scared (if we are doing it to be funny), and being ticked on her belly. 

-Brooklyn got sick for the first time this month. It wasn't too bad, she just had a cold but it was so sad to watch. It didn't even seem to bother her but it was still sad. We ended up taking her the doctor eventually because she had broken out in red bumpy rashes all over her body. The doctor said it wasn't related to her cold though, she just had sensitive skin. So she now gets lots of lotion!

-On December 11th she rolled over for the first time!! We were playing on her play mat and I showed her how to do it a couple times then bam, she did it! She has gotten pretty good at doing it now. It is only a matter of time until she is rolling all over the place I'm sure!

-It is so cute to watch Brooklyn and her Dad. He can get to to laugh so much and she gets the biggest smile on her face when he is done working and plays with her. It is also cute to see him react with her. Several times a day he marvels at her and expresses his love for her. 

We are so blessed to have Brooklyn in our lives! People now ask us how our family is, and although I automatically think of my Mumford family, I realize that now people mean Mike, Brooklyn, and I. We do have a little family, and it is such a blessing!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.