Well I think it is time to write about this... I am pregnant!! We are so excited, and I will go ahead and tell you a little bit about it now. First off, Mike has been ready to have another kid for... a long time. I haven't felt ready, but over the summer I had an impression that I would need to get ready soon. That kind of freaked me out. Although I knew that I wanted more kids, I still had Brooklyn breastfeeding, and had the memory of being pregnant and labor still a little too fresh in my mind. The main thing though is that having a kid is hard. I always knew it would be hard physically, but I never knew how hard it would be emotionally. I love Brooklyn more than anything and the constant worry about her makes me worry about how emotionally hard it will be to love another human that much. So, even though I was terrified and not feeling ready, I did feel the spirit and know that it would come soon. In January I prayed about it and felt it was time. Since the last time it took us several months to get pregnant I sure didn't think it would happen fast, but at the same time I felt like it was the right time. Sure enough, when I took a pregnancy test I thought I saw that second line. I couldn't be sure, so the net day I took another test. I was pretty sure this time it was positive. I showed Mike and he had the biggest grin on his face. I went and bought a digital pregnancy test to be sure and yep, it said pregnant! I was excited but freaking out quite a bit. When I had left to buy the test Mike had already told Brooklyn she was going to be a big sister :) Although I am still terrified to be pregnant again and have another child, Mike and I are really excited and we do know that it is the right thing at the right time. Oh and we found out we were pregnant February 6th.
So far this pregnancy hasn't been as hard as the first, thankfully. I was throwing up immediately with Brooklyn, and so far, being 9 weeks I haven't thrown up! I have been really sick and extremely tired, but I am so thankful that I haven't been as sick as last time.
Anyway, we tried to keep it a secret a little longer than last time (since last time we told only a few days after we found out). We made it to 6 weeks. It was Mike's dads birthday and he really wanted to tell him so we spread the news that night. So we called the fam, and of course they are all really excited.
So that's that :) Some pretty exciting news! I had my first ultrasound and things looked great. Our family is growing!










No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.