Monday, March 19, 2012

Best Friends to Dating

Although we would go on lots of dates, Mike and I mainly just became best friends. We would LOTS of time in the library during the week and spent almost every weekend together as well. We would go to lots of football and basketball games together, go to lots of campus activities, and just hang out and watch movies and such. We flirted all the time but that is about as far as it went for quite awhile .


Once the spring semester ended (2009) I decided to stay in Logan and work. I became a nanny and I continued my work at the Children's House. Mike was spending the summer in Logan working. Lucie and I moved to Brentwood, and guess who followed us- Mike! He moved in with his friend to the building right next to mine- making the walk to each others place about..a whole 10 seconds. It was perfect.




I love this picture mainly because it looks like Mike and I were dating- but we weren't, we were just really close :) This was taken during the "roommate pictures" we took with his hilarious roommates.


We spent pretty much every day of that summer together- and just about every day together since. We weren't technically dating until July but we still cuddled all the time and we knew that we liked each other. We had become best friends and it was really scary for Mike to take the leap past that. Eventually though, on July 21st, after a day of hanging out and watching dumb and dumber Mike kissed me! We talked about how if we did end up dating we didn't want our first kiss to be on a couch, but the night he decided to kiss me he didn't want to wait. So what did he do? He picked me up and carried me to the kitchen where he sat me on the table and kissed me. From then on, it was official- we were dating!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.