Monday, March 19, 2012

Mike and Katie : 2010

2010: So much happened that year! Mike continued his school and writing his Thesis, and I had teaching practicums, heart surgery, student taught, and graduated from USU. It was a hard year but also a great one! Here is the year a little more in depth:


Our First Valentines Together: Erin Stettler was dating Mike's roommate Jaxon so we decided to go decorate their place. Their entire house was lovely :) I also made Mike some delicious dinner, and he gave me awesome coupons (my favorite that said an automatic win to any disagreement), and he gave me roses and a beautiful note. We also spent the evening making a love mix on his phone. It was cute :)







This is from my Birthday! The year before we went on a date (that he had won at a ward auction for dinner and a movie at Bishopbric members home, then we went and hung out at my place) which was great, but this year was also memorable. Mike took me to dinner and to Crystal Hot Springs since I love hot springs! He also gave me presents and made me strawberry shortcake. What a great man!


Spring break came around and we decided it was time for me to meet Mike's family. He had met mine quite a few times by now it was time for us to take a trip to Idaho together. It was a great trip!

Mike and Shannon got married! This was a great day for several reasons, one being was that it was the day that Mike said he loved me! I knew he had loved me for several months but this is the first time that he came right out and said it. After the wedding was over and everyone had went home, I walked Mike to his car to say goodbye to him- he was going to spend a few days in Idaho with his family. As I was leaving his car he called out, "Love you, Kate!" I turned around went and hugged him and of course told him that I loved him too!


Heart Surgery... 
(There are no pictures of this because I didn't want any taken. I remember my surgery experience all too well and I didn't want pictures to remind me of it) This however, is a picture of the therapy pillow that I got at the hospital.





It was now summertime, and although we had lots of fun this summer was much different from the last. This is because of my heart surgery. When I was in high school I learned that had a leaky heart value and that one day I would have to get it fixed, but I thought this would be several years in the future. I went in for my yearly echocardiogram and was told that I should probably have the heart surgery then. I had the surgery on June 17th and spent the next few days in the hospital. It was extremely hard but my family and Mike made it much easier for me. They stayed with me all day every day even though I was only allowed to see them for 20 minutes at a time. I am so grateful they were all there for me!
On the 20th I got to go home, and spent the next month sleeping and being taken care of. It was quite the healing process, that is definitely still going on today. Needless to say the rest of the year was pretty relaxed...


A few weeks after my surgery Mike took me home with him to go to his family reunion and the 4th of July. I didn't do much that trip since I was still very sick but managed to have a great time. Mike ran a 5k, we watched the fireworks, saw lots of family, and went fishing with our nephew Jack.
We also went to Bear Lake that summer..

And attended Abby and Scott's Wedding



And we saw Kalai.. twice


And sometimes we would dress up as ugly as we could and go get slurpees... 



And we would go fishing, and make fires, and eat spam




 And we would go for walks...



 We went and saw the lights at Temple Square again! 

Mike's Birthday was spent eating at Texas Roadhouse and going to the movies.




And there was a small glimpse of us in the year 2010 :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.